Your site and strategy need to be constantly tracked, tweaked, and improved. From time to time, there will be stuff you need to fix, things you’ll add or replace. If you don’t stick with it, you’re going to fall behind.
Squirrly’s Audit Suite monitors all essential aspects of your content marketing strategy and gives you an overall score to note its performance. To do so, it takes six main areas into account:
- Social Media,
By looking at this data, as a site owner, you’ll always know how things stand, whether your efforts are paying off, and which areas need more work. You will no longer have to rely on others’ theories and opinions to make decisions.
The way in which the Audit was developed ensures you’ll be guided towards the actions you should take to improve your score week after week.
It also makes it easy to share the information with others on your team who have the authority and the knowledge to act on it.
For instance, if you see the blogging frequency decrease in the Audit, you can send that information to your content strategist so that you can get things back on track.
All you have to do is press a button, and the information gets sent via email.
In many ways, the Audit represents the spirit behind Squirrly SEO the best, as it’s a clear representation of the vision that has been with us since day one; and that is to guide users towards taking the best actions using the most efficient tools.
How SEO Audit Works
- Each week, you receive a score for your site based on several things we analyze, such as blogging, SEO, social, traffic, links, authority.
- Every section has a few tasks that need to be completed.
- For each task, we give you tips on how to fix them if they require attention.
- You can send the audit either by PDF or by email to a team member who can help you fix certain issues.
- Request a new audit every hour for PRO version users.
- See the evolution of your score.
Squirrly SEO Audit Overview
SEO Audit offers you an overview on how the Audit scores changed in the last 30 days.
Squirrly SEO Audit will show you both on-page and off-page scores (by MOZ.com) to have a clear image on how your website performed over time.
Each audit report comes with tasks and you only need to follow the instructions to complete the tasks and improve the overall score.
Squirrly SEO Audit Settings
Squirrly offers you the option to receive the Audit by email separately for each website.
In case you built the website for someone else, just add his email address and the Audit report will be sent weekly by email.
Connect to Google Search Console
To get information about Click, Impressions and CTR for your pages, you need to connect your website to Google Search Console first. Make sure you added your website in Google Search Console first.
Once your website is connected to Google Search Console you will get a confirmation message from Squirrly SEO. Click on the Complete Setup button and the next audit will include some extra tasks.
Connect to Google Analytics
By connecting the Google Analytics to your website you will unlock the Traffic section in the SEO Audit.
The next audit will show the top 20 pages from the last week with the best traffic.
Audit Report – Blogging
What we analyze for Blogging:
- Posting frequency. Because Google loves fresh content.
- Sitemap and feed. Helps search engines stay up to date with the content you publish.
- Articles optimization. This will increase the chances for your article to be found in search engine results.
- Average content optimization. We make an average with all the articles you optimized with Squirrly.
Audit Report – SEO
What we analyze for SEO:
- Noindex Tags
- Duplicate Meta Tags
- Duplicate Titles
- Duplicate Descriptions
- Empty Titles
- Empty Descriptions
- Title tags
- Meta Descriptions
- Page Loading Time and many others.
Audit Report – Social
In the last few years, social signals have become more and more important for Google. That’s why we look at:
- Average shares for the latest posts
- Share Buttons
- Social Impact
- Open Graph protocol
- Twitter Card
- Follow Me Social Buttons.
Audit Report – Links
One of the most important ranking factors remains – to this day – the number of quality backlinks you have to your site. Our site performance audit will tell you:
- How many high-authority backlinks you have for the latest posts
- The total of authority backlinks
- Moz Backlinks
- Whether you have NoFollow Links
- How many Outgoing doFollow links you have
- The number of Majestic Backlinks and Majestic Unique Domains.
Audit Report – Authority
Your website’s authority will determine how likely it is for your site to rank on the first pages of Google. We analyze the following aspects:
- Moz Page Authority
- Alexa Rank
- Domain Age.